Dementia is one of the greatest healthcare challenges that the world is facing, with one in three people over the age of 65 developing dementia.
As a CCG, we are committed to supporting patients and carers with dementia. We recognise that it is essential that we nurture the development of dementia-friendly communities, which recognise and understand dementia; and are able to offer adequate and appropriate services to support patients throughout their dementia journey.
Our dementia pledge is to:
- Put patients at the centre
- Ensure continuity of care by building one service for all your care needs
- Ensure carers are supported throughout their dementia journey
- Provide care closer to home
- Work with the voluntary sector and local areas to support patients and carers to engage in their communities in a meaningful way.
Prioritising Dementia Care: a vision for our community
On 17 March 2015, we held a 'Prioritising Dementia Care' stakeholder event. The event was an opportunity for stakeholders to hear more about the vision for dementia across South Staffordshire and discuss the impact it could have on patients and carers.
The event included presentations from our CCG and Professor Tony Elliott, Clinical Director of South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.
Further information and resources from the event can be viewed by following the link below: