Accessibility Tools

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

For health information and advice, read our pages on coronavirus. Learn about the government response to coronavirus on GOV.UK.

Notice of CCG closure

From 1 July 2022 please visit our new ICB website

On 1 July 2022, the six Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent closed down and the functions of the CCGs transferred to a new NHS organisation, known as an integrated care board. The new organisation is responsible for NHS spend and the day-to-day running of the NHS in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent.

Therefore, South East Staffordshire and Seisdon Peninsula Clinical Commissioning Group no longer exists and the responsibilities of the CCG, along with the other CCGs in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent, have transferred to the new NHS Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent Integrated Care Board (ICB).

These changes have taken place under the new Health and Care Act 2022, which amongst other things aims to tackle health inequalities and create safer, more joined-up services that will put the health and care system on a more sustainable footing. There are no changes to how local residents access NHS frontline services in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent as part of these changes.

From 1 July 2022 if you visit this website, you will be re-directed to the new ICB website.

Don't get caught out by the Jubilee Bank Holiday

on .

Most bank holidays take place on a Monday, so don’t be caught out by the Queen’s Jubilee Bank Holiday happening this Thursday and Friday.

During the bank holiday, GP practices will be closed and pharmacies will be operating on a Bank Holiday Rota.

There are still a range of services available that will be able to assist you if you have any health needs during the break.

If you require urgent medical support or advice, please call 111. NHS 111 is a 24-hour service open 7 days a week with a large number of staff who are medical healthcare professionals that are trained to help you as best as they can. Alternatively, you can contact 111 online and you will be assisted right away.

If you are in a medical emergency, they will book you in to be seen quickly and safely at your nearest treatment centre. This could be with a GP, hospital or minor injuries unit or A&E.


If you think you have any coronavirus symptoms, NHS 111 has an online coronavirus service that can tell people if they need medical help. Advice on what to do is available online.

Please only call 999 if there is a life-threatening emergency such as chest pains or uncontrolled bleeding.