The views of local people on what works well, what should be improved and what is important when it comes to health and care in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent are the focus of a major public conversation launching today.
Over the next 12 weeks, the Together We’re Better partnership of NHS and local government organisations, working alongside Healthwatch and voluntary and community sector groups will be listening to what patients, service users, carers, health and care staff and the wider public think about local services and how they can improve.
Views are being welcomed on any aspect of health and care, but particularly on the following areas:
- Simplifying the local urgent and emergency care system
- Developing a new vision for health and care in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent that is focussed on high quality community-based care centred on the patient – this will include maternity services, mental health services and planned care (surgery and outpatients)
- How the local health and care system can embrace and fully utilise new technology and ensure the buildings we deliver services from are fit for purpose
- Reviewing the use and function of the community hospitals in South Staffordshire
- Exploring what ‘integration of health and care services’ really means for local people
- Identifying additional priorities that will deliver clinical and financial stability.
These views will not only help in developing any future service proposals, but also inform the local Five Year Strategic Plan to be published in Autumn 2019. It will outline the local response to the priorities set down in the national NHS Long Term Plan and build on the proposals that were included in the 2016 plan.
People can get involved in the following ways:
- A survey enabling people to share their views is online on Together We’re Better’s website at twbstaffsandstoke.gov.uk; while hard copies and an easy Read version are available on request
- Listening events are being held across the county, between 3 June and 31 July 2019 – places are limited for these events and people are asked to book their place through Together We’re Better’s website or by calling 01785 276926
- Health and care staff listening events are also being held in Stafford (24 July), Stoke-on-Trent (26 June) and Burton-on-Trent (11 July) View the event info and booking links: Together We're Better Workforce Listening Events Updated Poster
- Roadshows are being held across the county, between 4 June and 30 July 2019.
The following extra listening events will be taking place between 7pm and 9.30pm (registration from 6.30pm):
Monday 29 July
Tamworth Masonic Rooms, 29 Lichfield Street, Tamworth, B79 7QE
Attendees are asked to book their place at https://twbtamworth29july.eventbrite.co.uk
Wednesday 31 July 2019
Best Western Tillington Hall Hotel, Eccleshall Road, Stafford, ST16 1JJ
Attendees are asked to book their place at https://twbstafford31july.eventbrite.co.uk
Further details on each of the ways people can get involved, alongside more information about the public conversation, can be found on Together We’re Better’s website at www.twbstaffsandstoke.org.uk.