The Type 2 Diabetes Education Bus is coming to a town near you in March.
People who visit the bus can find out more about:
- Free DESMOND structured education
- Diabetes foot care information
- Local physical activities available
- Dietary information
- Diabetes UK support
- Local peer support groups
- Diabetes Prevention Programme
Follow pdf this link (140 KB) to find out dates and times.
Relaunch of the Maternity Voices Partnership
Save the date for the relaunch of the Maternity Voices Partnership - Thursday 6 February 2020
10am - 2pm
Entrust, The Riverway Centre,Stafford, ST16 3TH
Full details can be found pdf here (1.27 MB) .
Autism Support Carers Roadshow
Do you or someone you know care for someone with Autism? The Carers Hub are launching a roadshow that will travel through Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent over the coming months. The launch roadshow is in Tamworth.
The aim of the programme is to develop self-confidence for carers to manage their caring role by providing advice, information and support that will include navigating autism support services.
'Together We're Better' listening events
We want to listen to your views on:
- What works well?
- What you think should be improved?
- What is important to you?
Join the conversation, starting in May 2019, and help to shape local health and care services. Follow this link for further details and booking.
Informal Carers Dementia Awareness Sessions
These training sessions are provided by Approach Staffordshire and are for carers i.e. husband, wife, son, daughter or friend of someone with a diagnosis of dementia. Please note: these sessions are not for professional/paid carers.
STAFFORD – Rising Brook Community Fire Station on 01, 08, 15 July (10.30am – 1.30pm)
CANNOCK – Cannock Community Fire Station on 24, 31 October and 07 November (10.30am –1.30pm)
Healthwatch Staffordshire AGM
Venue: Stafford Rugby Union Club, Castlefields, Newport Road, Stafford, ST16 1BG.
Keeping your brain healthy
There is increasing scientific evidence to suggest that we need to exercise our brain as well as our body and research suggests that learning a foreign language gives our brain a very effective workout. Keeping your brain active and challenged throughout life may help prevent or delay the onset of dementia.
SBS Charity Financial Well-Being Online Help Sessions
St Bernard Support (SBS) is a charity that provides support and services to help people affected by illnesses such as cancer and heart disease to name a few.
SBS is hosting online help sessions on financial wellbeing matters for people with cancer and other illnesses, their families and their carers. These sessions will cover a range of financial wellbeing subjects and are specifically tailored to the requirements of people with life affecting illnesses.
The dates for the webinars over the coming months are as follows:
- Friday 12th April - 11am: Welfare Benefits; 12pm: Insurances; 1pm: Pensions; 2pm: Wills, Trusts & Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Monday 29th April - 11am: Welfare Benefits; 12pm: Insurances; 1pm: Pensions; 2pm: Wills, Trusts & Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Friday 10th May - 11am: Insurances; 12pm: Pensions; 1pm: Wills, Trusts & Lasting Powers of Attorney; 2pm: Welfare Benefits
- Monday 20th May - 11am: Insurances; 12pm: Pensions; 1pm: Wills, Trusts & Lasting Powers of Attorney; 2pm: Welfare Benefits
- Friday 14th June - 11am: Pensions; 12pm: Wills, Trusts & Lasting Powers of Attorney; 1pm: Welfare Benefits; 2pm: Insurances
- Monday 24th June - 11am: Pensions; 12pm: Wills, Trusts & Lasting Powers of Attorney; 1pm: Welfare Benefits; 2pm: Insurances
- Friday 12th July - 11am: Wills, Trusts & Lasting Powers of Attorney; 12pm: Welfare Benefits; 1pm: Insurances; 2pm: Pensions
- Monday 22nd July - 11am: Wills, Trusts & Lasting Powers of Attorney; 12pm: Welfare Benefits; 1pm: Insurances; 2pm: Pensions
The sessions take the form of a short presentation accessible via the internet followed by a period of questions and answers. We try to complete each session within an hour. Individuals can participate in one session or in all four sessions. SBS can also provide individual one-2-one arrangements should a person require a discussion in depth or in privacy to discuss their needs.
SBS does not charge people accessing our webinars and anybody is free to participate, whether they be an individual affected by an illness, a family member or a professional caregiver.