Our current Assisted Conception Policy for In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) is currently being updated. Until the new policy is available, the following criteria are in place to allow patients to access NHS funded IVF services.
South Staffordshire CCGs will commission assisted conception services to couples that meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Have not previously undergone NHS funded IVF or Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Do not have a living child from their current relationship nor any previous relationships
- Are able to have regular sexual intercourse but have failed to conceive for 1 year or over
- 1 completed cycle of IVF treatment (+/- ICSI)
- Women must have a stable BMI below 30 and aged 23 - 39 years
- Both partners must be non-smoking for at least 28 days before treatment commences.
IVF/ICSI treatment will not be funded where either partner has been sterilised or where reversal of sterilisation has been undertaken. Surgical Sperm Retrieval (SSR) will be funded in certain patients, but not those who have undergone a vasectomy.
Providing there is evidence of subfertility (defined as no live birth following artificial insemination), South Staffordshire CCGs also offer funding for:
- Same sex couples (the same services available to heterosexual couples)
- People with a physical disability.
- CCGs will not normally fund Artificial Insemination
- Surrogacy will not be routinely funded by South Staffordshire CCGs
- Sperm donation is not usually funded
- Egg donation is only funded in certain patients.
For further information please contact the Individual Funding Requests Team:
Individual Funding Requests are a South East Staffordshire and Seisdon Peninsula hosted service, working on behalf of South Staffordshire CCGs. For more information please visit our Individual Funding Request page.