Throughout February and March 2014, we held a series of inclusive public engagement events, inviting members of the public and partners to discuss the four key questions laid out by NHS England:
- What must we do to build an excellent NHS now and in future generations?
- How can we maintain financial sustainability?
- How can we meet everyone’s healthcare needs?
- How can we improve the quality of the NHS?
The events were held in Tamworth, Lichfield and Codsall, and there was also an online survey available for people who could not make the events.
A number of themes emerged from the feedback we received including:
- Prevention, self care and personal responsibility
- A holistic, person-centred approach
- Efficiency and waste reduction
- Integration, community-based care
- Access and consistency
The feedback has informed our two year Operational Plan and also our contribution to the Staffordshire wide five year strategy, ensuring the voices of our patients and the public have been listened to and are reflected in our future plans.
For more information about our Call to Action programme, please read our Call to Action Summary.